Looking for a Christian Family Camp on Long Island? Camp DeWolfe is a family camp on Long Island, New York. Camp DeWolfe provides an opportunity for all families to experience God and develop as leaders, in a safe community and enjoy a beach and outdoor natural setting. Camp DeWolfe provides a natural setting for families to engage in community and empower them to live out an outward and visible expression of the love and grace of Christ. Click here to download the brochure.
Why family camp? Camp DeWolfe is a place where families are encouraged to be themselves, to grow in their Christ-like identity, to explore their God-given gifts and to enjoy making friends in a picturesque beach and waterfront setting.
Who are camps licensed with? Camp DeWolfe is accredited by the American Camping Association. Developed exclusively for the camp industry, this nationally recognized association focuses on program quality and health and safety issues, and requires camp to regularly submit every facet of its operation to an independent appraisal by camp experts. Camp DeWolfe is also accredited by the Christian Camp and Conference Association and part of the Episcopal Camps and Conference Centers association too.
CAMP DEWOLFE GOALS
What will we experience at family camp?
- Explore nature – To use the outdoor space and provide outdoor programming so that there can be exploration and enjoyment of God in nature, God in others, and God in personal reflection.
- Engage community – To develop temporary community for learning and growth, within a positive, safe, honest and encouraging environment.
- Empower decision making – To facilitate learning in an outdoor learning environment, to encourage decision making that leads to group development and personal growth.
- Embrace challenge – To have the opportunity to experience different levels of challenge, to encourage a testing and expansion of personal comfort zones, so that a transfer of skills can be made to everyday living.
- Enjoy participation – To provide fun, interactive, and varied programs that will maximize learning and growth through experiential education.
- Experience reflection – To provide the time and space to be still, reflect on God’s word, listen to God, grow in faith and practice spiritual disciplines.
- Episcopal service – To create a safe environment where youth can practice serving others, the environment and the Lord, learning to love each other as Christ loves us.
CAMP DEWOLFE FACILITIES
What facilities do you have at Camp DeWolfe?
-19 acres of woodland property on the north shore of the Long Island Sound
-¼ mile beach-front property for swimming, sailing, canoeing, beach volleyball and camp fires
-Outdoor swimming pool
-Challenge Course of high and low ropes
-St Luke’s Chapel
-St Francis Outdoor Chapel
-Arts and Crafts classroom
-Nature Classroom and fire pit
-Father John Davis Dining Hall
-Elizabeth DeWolfe Meeting Hall
-Nature trails and camp fire pits
How clean is summer camp?
Upgrades were made to St Luke’s Chapel, Father John Davis Hall and Kitchen, the DeWolfe Meeting Hall and the Swimming Pool recently.
What optional activity areas are at family camp?
Swimming, Canoeing, Kayaking, Paddle-boarding, Christian Formation, Archery, Arts and Crafts, Sports and Games, Climbing, Volleyball, Ga-Ga Ball, Tetherball, Basketball, Mountain Biking, and more!
What will we experience at family camp?
Centered upon the Episcopal tradition, the optional daily morning celebrations and end of week Eucharist are primary worship opportunities for all families to participate in as a camp community. Clergy and trained staff facilitate a Christian Formation program that includes optional daily devotions and prayer time, Bible studies and engaging activities to encourage families to experience God and develop an authentic and personal faith in Christ.
Where will we sleep at family camp?
Families reside in traditional style cabins with bunk beds, accommodating up to 10 family members from the same household. Adults in the family groups are responsible for the supervision of all minors in their family group while at Camp DeWolfe.
What will we eat at summer camp?
Three nutritious meals a day are served as individual portions in the Davis Dining Hall, to create a caring family community atmosphere. Fruits, salads and vegetables are included at meals. Snacks are provided in the evening times. Families eat as a household, with each family around their own table. Some meals can be enjoyed in the outdoors/cookout style, to explore nature and embrace challenge.
Are there trained staff at summer camp?
All Staff are background checked, interviewed, contracted and evaluated in line with a non-negotiable community covenant that outlines expectations and responsibilities for the period of employment. Staff are trained to become role models and mentors for families. Staff lead activities and programs with families in the outdoor setting, however adults in the family group are responsible for the supervision of all minors in their family group while at Camp DeWolfe
How do I register our family for camp?
Registration is open for this year ! Click here to reserve your dates for your family camp experience!
Click here to download the Acknowledgement of Risk form required for all guests.
Click here to download the Family Camp Scholarship application for families in need.