1. What’s your name?
2. How long have you worked at Camp DeWolfe?
Going into my 10th year
3. Where are you from?
I grew up in Wading River NY, went away to college in New Rochelle NY. I got married…then moved to Seaford NY. Returned to my roots in 2003 in the lovely town of Shoreham NY (one town over from Wading River).
4. What is your favorite meal time during camp session?
My favorite meal is lunch time. I get to see the children, all excited about their morning programs…and talking about how excited they are for their afternoon activities.
5. What is your favorite part about working in the kitchen?
I love working with food. Growing up I always enjoyed baking and cooking with my mother. I enjoy taking simple ingredients and turning them into healthy meals.
6. What is your favorite food that the kitchen team makes? My favorite food to make is pasta… all kinds
7. What are you most looking forward to about next summer and why? I am looking forward to see familiar faces and new ones!! To see how the kids have grown and to share stories.
8. What’s your favorite camp core value (community, Christian Formation, Developing Leaders or Natural Setting) and Why?
All of it!!! I start my day by driving up to this beautiful place looking over the Long Island Sound. I interact with all of the leaders as well as the kids who are learning and experiencing what life has to offer. I watch how the kids share food ( family style) and interact with each other. They help one another and become a” family”.