1. What’s your name? – Danielle Topham
2. Where are you from? – Lancashire, England
3. What university/school do you attend? What major?
I’m studying Primary Education at Leeds Beckett University, so I’ll be a qualified teacher when I graduate.
4. What’s your favorite Country/state?
Hmm…this is hard! There’s no place like home, but I love traveling and I have great memories from holidays in lots of countries, such as Cyprus and Majorca, but my favorite was definitely Florida!
5. What’s your favorite camp activity and why?
I enjoy creative activities such as baking and arts and crafts, because there are endless opportunities to make something new. Then again, I also like water-based activities such as canoeing!
6. What are you most looking forward to about next summer and why?
Everything! But if I have to choose one, I’d say helping all of the children to have an amazing experience, and seeing them grow and develop throughout camp.
7. What’s your favorite camp core value (Community, Christian Formation, Developing Leaders or Natural Setting) and Why?
Community, because it’s so nice working in an environment where everybody is appreciated and valued for who they are. It means that everyone can have fun and challenge themselves in a positive environment.
8. What’s your dream job/vocation/calling for life?
Definitely something that involves working with children and young people! I’ve done youth work before and I love it, but I’m going to see where teaching leads me for now…